Early Societies of Eastern Turkey
Istanbul | Gaziantep | Urfa | Adiyaman | Cappadocia (12 Days)
Explore Istanbul’s amazing Ottoman monuments and aromatic bazaars, then travel to the East of Turkey to discover the birthplace of ancient civilizations and remarkable landscapes from legendary Mount Nemrut to the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia.
- Experience the energetic city of Istanbul, a bridge between continents
- Tour the Sultanahmet district, the keeper of Istanbul’s ancient landmarks
- Enjoy a ferry cruise on the Bosphorus waterway
- Discover Gaziantep, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy
- Watch craftsmen honoring age-old traditions in the streets of the old bazaar
- Meet the mysterious ‘Gypsy Girl’ of Zeugma
- Take a boat ride down the Euphrates River
- View the Ottoman ‘sunken city’ of Halfeti
- See the city of Urfa and ancient Harran, significant sites for Abrahamic faiths
- Uncover one of the greatest archaeological finds at Göbekli Tepe, pre-dating Stonehenge
- Marvel at the giant stone heads keeping vigil on top of Mount Nemrut
- Taste the surprising ice cream of Kahramanmaraş
- Delight in the otherworldly landscapes of Cappadocia
- Learn the stories of Cappadocia’s underground caves
||Arrive in Istanbul and private transfer to your hotel.
||Full-day private tour including the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Basilica Cistern, and the Grand Bazaar.
||Full-day private tour including Topkapi Palace, Spice Market, and a Bosphorus boat ride.
||Flight to Gaziantep and private transfer to your hotel. Afternoon walking tour of old town Gaziantep.
||Morning private tour of ancient Zeugma and the Zeugma Mosaic Museum. Afternoon guided visit of the Emine Göğüş Culinary Museum.
||Private transfer to Urfa, stopping in Halfeti for a Euphrates River boat tour along the way.
||Full-day private tour: Harran, Göbekli Tepe and Urfa.
||Visit Mt. Nemrut, ancient Arsemia and the Adiyaman Museum en route to your hotel in Adiyaman.
||Visit Kahramanmaraş en route to your hotel in Cappadocia.
||Full-day private tour of Cappadocia: Pigeon Valley hike, Göreme Open-air Museum, Dervent Valley and Urgup Town.
||Full-day private tour of Cappadocia: Uchisar Castle and Town, Kaymakli Underground City, Paşabağ Monk’s Valley, Zelve and Avanos.
||Private transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure