Tastes of Turkey: Eastern Route
Gaziantep | Hatay (4 Days)
This is a great trip extension for foodies! Discover the spice-laden, exotic dishes of Eastern Turkey, in two of UNESCO’s Creative Cities of Gastronomy.
- Discover Gaziantep and Hatay, both named as ‘Creative City of Gastronomy’ by UNESCO
- Experience authentic meals at cozy local establishments
- Watch coppersmiths and other craftsmen at work in Gaziantep’s old bazaar
- Meet the mysterious ‘Gypsy Girl’ of Zeugma
- Delight in sugary sweets featuring pistachio
- Tour the ancient district of Antakya (biblical Antioch), where early Christianity was founded
- Get your camera ready for colorful, overflowing street markets
- Visit the impressive collection of mosaics and ancient finds at Hatay’s museum
||Domestic flight to Gaziantep. Private walking tour of the old town, bazaars and spice markets, including a coffee stop. Evening dinner of Gaziantep’s famous kebab and baklava.
||Half-day private tour including the Zeugma Mosaic Museum, Emine Göğüş Culinary Museum, and lunch at a well-known local restaurant.
||Private transfer to visit Yesemek Quarry en route to your hotel in Hatay. Private tour of old town Hatay, including a lunch of local kebab and kunefe specialties.
||Morning private tour of Hatay Archaeology Museum. Private transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure