Tastes of Turkey: Western Route
Istanbul | Bursa | Pergamum | Alacati | Sirince | Ephesus (9 Days)
Turkey is a paradise for gourmets, and you’ll find plenty of food and wine to love on this culinary-focused itinerary traveling from Istanbul along the coast into the Aegean region until you come to ancient Ephesus.
- Experience the energetic city of Istanbul, a bridge between continents
- Tour the Sultanahmet district, the keeper of Istanbul’s ancient landmarks
- Sample the street foods of Istanbul with a local guide
- Meet the king of kebabs in Bursa
- Enjoy wine tastings in Urla and Şirince
- Tour the magnificent acropolis of ancient Pergamum
- Explore the charming Aegean town of Alaçatı
- Eat a typical Turkish breakfast the way it should be
- Step back in time on the streets of ancient Ephesus
||Arrive in Istanbul and private transfer to your hotel in the Old City. Evening dinner at a fish restaurant overlooking the Bosphorus.
||Full-day private tour including the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia Museum, Basilica Cistern, and the Grand Bazaar.
||Morning private tour including the Spice Market and a Bosphorus boat ride. Afternoon private street food walking tour.
||Private transfer to your hotel in Bursa. Afternoon city walking tour, including the local kebab specialty for lunch.
||Visit ancient Pergamum and stop for lunch at an excellent local restaurant. Continue on to your hotel on the Çeşme Peninsula in the Aegean region.
||Private walking tour of old town Alacati and included olive oil and wine tastings in Urla. Evening dinner of olive oil-infused meze and fresh seafood.
||Private transfer to your hotel in the village of Şirince. Lunch at a local restaurant, including tastings of fruit wines.
||Excellent typical Turkish breakfast at your hotel in Sirince. Full-day private tour of ancient Ephesus and the Archaeological Museum, with included farm-fresh lunch.
||Private transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure