Castles, Cathedrals & Calvados
Loire Valley | Normandy (7 Days)
This is a fantastic itinerary honoring history, architecture and art. Visit magnificent French chateaux, charming storybook towns, and visit the compelling D-Day Beaches. This makes a great add-on to a stay in Paris.
- Admire typical half-timbered architecture and scenic vineyards
- Learn about the storied history of Chinon
- Delight in the Renaissance gems of the Loire Valley’s grand castles and manicured gardens
- Taste local Vouvray wines
- Marvel at the perched monastic buildings of tiny Mont Saint-Michel
- Spend a day honoring the memories at Normandy’s WWII Landing Beaches
- Uncover the significance of the Bayeux Tapestry
- Visit the incredible Gothic cathedral of Bayeux
- Taste the flavors of Normandy, like calvados and cheese
- Stroll Monet’s inspirational gardens in Giverny
||Arrive in Paris and transfer to your hotel in the Loire Valley.
||Guided tour of medieval Chinon, winery lunch and visit of the Chateau of Azay le Rideau
||Guided tour of the Chateau de Chenonceau, winery lunch in Amboise and tour of Chateau de Chambord
||Visit Mont St Michel and transfer to your hotel in Bayeux
||Guided excursion to the D-Day landing beaches and memorials.
||Guided tour of Bayeux and ‘Tastes of Normandy’ experience.
||Guided tour of Monet’s house at Giverny and drop off in Paris for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure