Grand Tour of Sicily
Palermo | Marsala | Agrigento | Ragusa | Siracusa | Taormina
If you have more time, we recommend this two-week adventure covering the best hilltop villages, resort towns and historical attractions around the island of Sicily.
- Experience Palermo’s colorful markets and golden mosaics
- Admire the striking medieval hill town of Erice
- Discover the history and cuisine of the Trapani province
- Enjoy wine and olive oil tastings in the Sicilian countryside
- Step back in ancient history at the Valley of the Temples
- See the chalky white expanse of the Scala dei Turchi sea cliffs
- Wander the unspoiled historic center of Ragusa Ibla
- Spend time in the beautiful towns of the Baroque Valley
- Explore Siracusa’s lovely old Greek center on Ortigia island
- Relax in the handsome resort town of Taormina
- Taste wines from Mount Etna’s volcanic vineyards
||Arrive in Palermo and private transfer to your hotel.
||Guided tour of Palermo, including the Palatine Chapel and Monreale.
||Transfer to Marsala, with guided excursions to Erice and Trapani en route.
||Visit a winery for a typical lunch and continue to your countryside hotel in Agrigento. Afternoon olive oil tasting experience.
||Half-day guided excursion to the Valley of the Temples. Afternoon Sicilian cooking class.
||Transfer to Ragusa with a visit to the Scala dei Turchi en route. Afternoon walking tour of Ragusa.
||Morning at leisure in Ragusa. Afternoon visit to Modica, including a chocolate tasting.
||Visit Marzamemi and Noto en route to your hotel in Siracusa.
||Guided tour of Siracusa, including Ortigia and the Neapolis Archaeological Park.
||Private transfer to your hotel in Taormina. Day at leisure.
||Guided walking tour of Taormina, including the Greco-Roman theatre.
||Day trip to Mt. Etna, including lunch and wine tasting.
||Day at leisure in Taormina for the beach. Optional ‘Godfather villages’ excursion, or take a boat trip to Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, Grotta del Giorno and the Bay of Mazzarò.
||Private transfer to the Catania airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure