Cairo | Luxor | Nile River Sail | Aswan | Abu Simbel (15 Days)
This relaxed-pace Egypt itinerary takes you on a journey through modern and ancient Cairo, the Pyramids, the wonders of Luxor, and down the Nile River in elegance and style on a traditional Egyptian double-masted sailboat called a dahabiya.
- Marvel at the astounding Great Pyramids of the Giza Plateau
- See the treasures of Tutankhamun at the Egyptian Museum
- Browse the wonderfully chaotic lanes of the Khan el-Khalili bazaar
- Admire incredible temples and tomb paintings in Luxor’s ancient valleys
- Sail the Nile on an intimate dahabiya to hidden places
- Take time to explore ancient sites and daily modern life along the Nile River
- Wander the brightly-painted Nubian villages around Aswan
- Discover the massive temples at Abu Simbel, built by Ramses II
|Arrive in Cairo and private transfer to your hotel.
|Guided tour of Ancient Egypt, including Memphis, Sakkara, the Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx.
|Guided tour of Cairo, including the Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Sala El-Din, Old Cairo and Khan el-Khalili Bazaar.
|Cairo markets and food tasting tour.
|Fly to Luxor and transfer to your hotel. Guided tour of Luxor’s East Bank temples, then visit the Luxor Museum.
|Guided tour of Luxor’s West Bank, including the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
|Transfer to Esna and embark on your 5-night dahabiya boat journey up the Nile. Dahabiya sail: visit the Temple of Khnum.
|Dahabiya sail: visit the Temple of Nekhbet at El Kab and Temple of Horus at Edfu.
|Dahabiya sail: swim in the Nile and take a walk in the desert.
|Dahabiya sail: visit the Temple of Horemheb and ancient sandstone quarries.
|Dahabiya sail: visit the Temple of Kom Ombo.
|Disembark the boat in Aswan. Guided tour of local Nubian villages, including traditional tea and a boat ride. Evening Sound-and-Light-Show at the Temple of Philae.
|Day trip to the temples of Abu Simbel on Lake Nasser.
|Guided tour of the Aswan High Dam, the Temple of Philae and Granite Quarries.
|Fly from Aswan to Cairo for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure