Romantic English TV & Film
London | Oxford | Bath | Dorset | Windsor (10 Days)
Indulge in your love of great British drama and romance on this journey from London to marvelous country estates and quaint villages with the feel of another era. Channel famous sleuths, aristocrats, servants and the romantic figures of Georgian and Victorian England as you make your own story in this inspiring landscape.
- Experience the capital city in true London fashion
- Follow in the footsteps of your favorite on-screen characters in London
- Step into the real-life scenery from ‘Downton Abbey’
- See the scholarly spires of prestigious Oxford, used in movies and detective series
- Track down Shakespeare in Warwickshire
- Admire the beautiful Georgian architecture of Bath
- Learn what inspired Jane Austen’s novels about regency gentry and social expectations
- Explore the Dorset countryside and coastline, featured in TV and film
- Visit where Jane Austen lived with her mother and sister in Hampshire
||Arrive in London and private transfer to your hotel.
||Guided tour of London on a vintage bus, including the Tower of London, Borough Market, and Westminster Abbey with afternoon tea.
||Guided London filming locations walking tour: Sherlock Holmes OR James Bond OR Bridget Jones, Notting Hill and other rom-coms.
||Visit Highclere Castle and other ‘Downton Abbey’ filming locations, and Blenheim Palace (Churchill’s birthplace), en route to your hotel nearby Oxford.
||Visit Oxford city and filming locations from ‘Inspector Morse’, ‘Lewis’ and ‘Endeavour’ detective shows. Visit Stratford-upon-Avon and tour Shakespeare’s birthplace.
||Visit Lacock village (‘Downton Abbey’, BBC’s ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘Harry Potter’) and the city of Bath, including the ancient Roman baths and Jane Austen Centre.
||Day at leisure in Bath. Optional day trip to Glastonbury & Wells OR Stonehenge & Salisbury.
||Visit the county of Dorset, birthplace of Thomas Hardy, and filming locations for ‘Broadchurch’ and ‘Far from the Madding Crowd’ (2015).
||Visit Southampton, Winchester and Chawton to discover Jane Austen’s later life. Overnight in Windsor, home of the Queen’s royal residence.
||Transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure