Best of Southern Italy
Lecce | Alberobello | Matera | Pompeii | Amalfi Coast (9 Days)
This itinerary covers fascinating off-the-beaten path destinations in Italy’s ‘deep south’ regions of Puglia and Basilicata, as well as the stunning Amalfi Coast hill towns and legendary views. If you wish, this journey also works well as a self-drive trip.
- Discover Lecce, the ‘Florence of the South’
- Marvel at the dramatic ‘White City’ of Ostuni
- Enjoy a stroll through the storybook town of Alberobello
- Spend time enjoying the renowned architecture of Matera
- Hear the stories of Matera’s ancient rock caves called ‘Sassi’
- Roam the haunting streets of ancient Pompeii in the shadow of Mt Vesuvius
- Get your camera ready for the stunning views of the Amalfi Coast
- Explore the beautiful luxe island of Capri
||Arrive in Bari and private transfer to your hotel in the beautiful city of Lecce.
||Guided walking tour including Lecce’s Baroque sights and ancient Roman ampitheatre.
||Visit the ‘white city’ of Ostuni and the cute ‘Trulli houses’ of Alberobello en route to your hotel in Matera.
||Guided walking tour of Matera’s pretty Baroque center and its ancient rock-carved dwellings.
||Transfer to your hotel on the Amalfi Coast. Guided walking tour of ancient Pompeii.
||Day trip driving the Amalfi Coast (Amalfi, Ravello, Sorrento & Positano).
||Day trip to the island of Capri.
||Day at leisure on the Amalfi Coast. Optional activities available (cooking class, hiking, kayaking, etc).
||Private transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure