Gems of France’s Northeast
Paris | Champagne | Alsace | Burgundy | Rhône-Alpes (12 Days)
This enchanting itinerary will whisk you away from the sparkling lights of Paris into the vineyards and medieval villages of France’s northeast. The fairytale towns and stunning cathedral cities of this region are where French tradition takes an interesting twist, picking up influences from German and Swiss neighbors.
- Marvel at the famous landmarks and architecture of the ‘City of Lights’
- Be wowed by the extravagant Palace of Versailles
- Admire the impressive cathedral cities of Reims and Metz
- Enjoy tastings in famous wine houses of the Champagne region
- Tour Strasbourg’s picturesque La Petite France neighborhood
- Fall in love with Colmar and the storybook villages of the Alsace
- See the flamboyant Gothic-style hospital of Beaune
- Savor the city of Lyon, at the heart of France’s gastronomic scene
||Arrive in Paris and private transfer to your hotel.
||Paris city orientation including the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, and a Seine River Cruise.
||Day trip to the opulent Palace of Versailles. Time to shop and stroll in Paris.
||Transfer to your hotel in Reims. Guided old town walking tour, including the Cathedral.
||Day trip of the Champagne region, including tastings.
||Visit the Metz Cathedral and Saint-Avold WWII memorial en route to your hotel in Strasbourg. Guided old town walking tour.
||Visit beautiful Obernai en route to your hotel in Colmar. Guided old town walking tour.
||Day trip to storybook towns along the Alsatian wine route, with tastings.
||Transfer to your hotel in Beaune. Guided tour of the Hospices de Beaune and local Burgundy wine tasting.
||Transfer to your hotel in Lyon. Guided foodie walking tour of the historic quarter. Optional tickets to the Gastronomy Museum.
||Day at leisure in Lyon. Optional day trip to Annecy’s old town on the lake, or Rhône Valley wine tasting excursion.
||Train from Lyon to Paris airport in 2 hours. Take your departure flight.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure