Jewish Heritage of Portugal
Lisbon | Alentejo | Belmonte | Douro Valley | Porto (11 Days)
This journey through Portugal’s historic cities and heritage sites explores the influence of Jewish communities on Portuguese society and traditions.
- Follow the roots of Portugal’s Jewish tradition from Lisbon to Porto
- Explore the traditional neighborhoods and winding lanes of Lisbon
- Marvel at the intricate architectural details of the Jeronimos Monastery in Belem
- See the fantastic castles and abundant gardens of Sintra
- Discover the numerous treasures of the Alentejo region
- Admire the Roman ruins and pretty buildings in the town of Évora
- Spend time in Belmonte, with the largest Jewish community of the Iberian Peninsula
- Be in awe of the beautiful Douro Valley vineyards and excellent wines
- Enjoy the lovely sights of Porto and its rich history
- Visit historic Tomar and its religious monuments
- Step into a storybook in the charming walled village of Óbidos
||Arrive in Lisbon. Guided orientation tour of the city’s neigborhoods.
||Guided tour of Lisbon and Jewish heritage sites, including Shaaré Tikva Synagogue and the Belem district.
||Day trip to fairytale Sintra, Cascais and the Lisbon coast.
||Guided tour of the Alentejo region, including medieval Monsaraz and historic Évora, en route to your nearby hotel.
||Guided tour of the Alentejo region, including Elvas, the Jewish quarter of Castelo de Vide, and Marvão en route to your nearby hotel.
||Visit the Portas da Ródão natural monument, the village of Monsanto, and the Jewish quarter of Belmonte, including the Bet Eliahu Synagogue, en route to your nearby hotel.
||Visit the villages of Manteigas and Almeida, and the rock engravings of Vila Nova de Foz Côa, en route to your hotel in the Douro Valley.
||Visit Douro Valley villages and vineyards, including the historic Jewish center of Lamego, en route to your hotel in Porto.
||Guided tour of Porto, including the Kadoorie Mekor Haim Synagogue.
||Visit historic Tomar and its medieval synagogue, and the Jewish quarter of Óbidos, en route to your hotel in Lisbon.
||Private transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure