Portuguese Food & Wine
Lisbon | Porto | Central Portugal | Alentejo (11 Days)
Take an epic journey of Portugal’s food and wine traditions, from the colorful hubbub of city markets to the peaceful roll of vine-covered hills. Visit pastry shops, wine cellars, cozy local eateries and family-run wineries, at the same time as you discover historical and cultural treasures.
- Eat and drink your way through Portugal with tastings and meals in each region
- Meet Lisbon’s most famous custard pastry
- Learn about the traditional neighborhoods and music of Lisbon
- See the fantastic castles and abundant gardens of Sintra
- Enjoy a sunset sail to view beautiful Lisbon from a new perspective
- Step into a storybook in the charming walled village of Óbidos
- Visit the typical fishing village of Nazaré
- Make a stop in the charming canal town of Aveiro
- View the colorful cityscape of Porto aboard a typical river cruise
- Try the unique and iconic sandwich of Porto
- Be in awe of the beautiful Douro Valley vineyards and excellent wines
- Go off-the-beaten-path in the delightful towns of the Alto Minho region
- Taste local vinho verde sparkling wines
- Tour the attractive university city of Coimbra and its world-famous library
- Visit the Convent of Christ, headquarters of the Knights Templar
- Discover the numerous treasures of the Alentejo region
- Admire the Roman ruins and pretty buildings in the town of Évora
||Arrive in Lisbon and tour of the Belem district (Pastel de Belem tasting).
||Guided orientation tour of Lisbon’s neighborhoods. Traditional dinner with live Fado music.
||Day trip to Sintra, the Colares wine region, Cascais and the Lisbon coast. Evening sunset sail on the River Tagus.
||Visit Lourinhã (Aguardente brandy tasting), Óbidos (Ginjinha cherry liqueur tasting), Nazaré (seafood lunch), and Aveiro (famous local pastry and canal boat ride) en route to your hotel in Porto.
||Guided tour of Porto, including a Douro River cruise, port wine tasting, and iconic local lunch.
||Day trip to the Douro Valley, including winery visit and lunch.
||Day trip to the northern Minho Region, including historic villages, vineyards and a winery lunch.
||Visit the city of Coimbra, enjoy a typical lunch and wine tasting, and visit the Convent of Christ and historic Tomar en route to your nearby hotel.
||Visit the striking historic towns of the Alentejo region, including a typical lunch, en route to your hotel in Évora.
||Guided tour of historic Évora, a local winery, and medieval Monsaraz, including lunch, en route to your hotel in Lisbon.
||Private transfer to the airport for departure.
Let’s Start Planning Your Adventure